Valentine's Day is coming up, and this will be the first time my boys will celebrate it at school. I’m really excited for them, because though it’s been a very long time since I’ve been a little kid, I vividly remember loving all the mini cards, origami hearts and trinkets that were exchanged.
Our preschool has a couple of guidelines. First - candy and sweets are out. I can totally get behind that because, I mean really, who wants a bunch of toddlers amped on sugar?? Not me. Second, they encourage keeping it homemade. Again, I'm down with that because I love getting a little crafty. But, if you are anything like 99.9% of the mamas out there, you have very little free time, plus if you have multiple kids, that means cards for multiple classrooms, teachers, assistants, etc., etc. Yeah, it’s a lot.
Whether you have to make a lot, or just a few, here is a super easy, super quick way to pump out a bunch of homemade Valentine's Day cards for your little ones.
Here’s what you need:
• Our printable mini Valentine’s Day card
• Colored cardstock
• Scissors or paper cutter (I use this one which really saves on time. You can find it at most office supply stores)
• Double-sided tape
Here's what you'll do:
1) Print our mini cards using your desktop printer or local copy shop.
2) Trim the mini cards using scissors or paper trimmer.
3) Cut cardstock into 3" squares. I used Kraft paper, but use anything that fits your vibe.
4) Using double-sided tape, stick the mini card to your cardstock. (I got my toddlers to help with this part.)
5) Have your kiddo sign their name at the bottom. Boom, you are done.
We hope you and your littles enjoy spreading love and joy this Valentine’s Day. We would love to see your creations - Tag your images with #nicomade and share, share, share.
Happy Valentine's Day!