We love holiday gatherings - the food, the drinks, the laughs, the drinks - it’s all so much fun!
We also understand how busy everyone is during this time of year, but our downloadable Fall place cards are a fast way to spruce up your holiday table setting.
You’ll be able to pump these out in no time, and then get back to the fun stuff, like the drinks and laughs.
PS - Not hosting this year? These make for a thoughtful hostess gift. Just make them ahead of time and help your hostess prep the table. She’ll thank you for it!
the Nico Made team
Here’s your 5-step guide to a fresh Fall table setting:
1) PRINT: our printable Fall place card (available here)
2) CUT: using scissors or paper cutter (many print shops have these available for your use)
3) FOLD: lengthwise
4) WRITE: since these are 2-sided we think it’s fun to write a name on one side, and a phrase or nickname on the other.
Ta-da!! Table setting on point.
PSS- Yes, that is a Mickey Mouse band-aid that I'm sporting, and while I realize it makes for less than perfect images, I like to think it's the official "look" of crafty moms everywhere. XOXO!
Valentine's Day is coming up, and this will be the first time my boys will celebrate it at school. I’m really excited for them, because though it’s been a very long time since I’ve been a little kid, I vividly remember loving all the mini cards, origami hearts and trinkets that were exchanged.
Our preschool has a couple of guidelines. First - candy and sweets are out. I can totally get behind that because, I mean really, who wants a bunch of toddlers amped on sugar?? Not me. Second, they encourage keeping it homemade. Again, I'm down with that because I love getting a little crafty. But, if you are anything like 99.9% of the mamas out there, you have very little free time, plus if you have multiple kids, that means cards for multiple classrooms, teachers, assistants, etc., etc. Yeah, it’s a lot.
Whether you have to make a lot, or just a few, here is a super easy, super quick way to pump out a bunch of homemade Valentine's Day cards for your little ones.
Here’s what you need:
• Our printable mini Valentine’s Day card
• Colored cardstock
• Scissors or paper cutter (I use this one which really saves on time. You can find it at most office supply stores)
• Double-sided tape
Here's what you'll do:
1) Print our mini cards using your desktop printer or local copy shop.
2) Trim the mini cards using scissors or paper trimmer.
3) Cut cardstock into 3" squares. I used Kraft paper, but use anything that fits your vibe.
4) Using double-sided tape, stick the mini card to your cardstock. (I got my toddlers to help with this part.)
5) Have your kiddo sign their name at the bottom. Boom, you are done.
We hope you and your littles enjoy spreading love and joy this Valentine’s Day. We would love to see your creations - Tag your images with #nicomade and share, share, share.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Ready to WOW your friends this holiday season? OK, let’s do it! Here’s your guide to make beautifully wrapped gifts in three simple steps that will have all your friends saying “Oh my gosh, that’s so cute!” And then you get to say, “Thanks, I made it.” with a lovely little smile on your face.
Here’s what you need to make the gift tags:
• Kraft cardstock (or heavy-weight paper of your choice)
• Our printable gift tags
• Scissors or paper cutter
• Hole punch (I used a 1/8” punch, but any will do)
• Baker's twine
1) Print gift tags on the paper of your choice
2) Trim the tags using scissor or paper cutter
3) Address your tags and affix to the fabulous gift that you just wrapped (see tip below). You can either punch a hole at the top of your label and run twine through it, or just tape it to your gift.
And if you really want to channel your inner Martha Stewart, you can even trim the corners off the top of your tag. Wow, now we’re really getting crafty!
Wrapping Tip: Keep it simple. I keep white wrapping paper on hand because it works for all occasions. I like to use contrasting materials and colors, and I’m really into the kraft and white paper combo right now. Add a little P.O.C. (pop of color) with baker's twine, washi tape, or fresh seasonal sprigs from your local florist. So simple. So cute!
We’d love to see how you experiment with your own combinations. Comment below, or tag your creations with #nicomade on social media.